24.6.06

Stage Race #1--Crash and Burn

Whitewater, WI-- I am a lazy Cat 3. But not for long, maybe.

So today's crit was slow and kind of bornig. So I attacked. Then Fred attacked. Then I attacked--then Fred attacked. Repeat several more times, with the occasional move that ended up with me or Fred solo off the front. Hmmmm....

5 laps to go, the rain begins to fall--and the mutiple, endless crashing of the Cat 3's began. Soon, Fred was down, and soon after, so was I. Oh yeah, so was the rest of the field. Two riders kept it upright and got 1-2 in the race, followed by those who got back on the bike fastest after crashing.

The road rash is pain. But not bad. Hopefully tommorow will be a longer, harder race. Hopefully.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

time: 2:34 avg 21.8 56 miles, Mr. Rogers beat me. Our team got 4th out of 18. Dave's team won...

Ryan Baumann said...

That course is pretty hellacious, eh? You're damn fast, so I know with a 21.8 average speed it must have been quite the ride.

Nice job----time to go whoop up on some Cat 5's at State TT's now.