Right now I'm enjoying a sweet hard-boiled egg sammy and a bowl of oatmeal + honey for my recovery meal. Mmmmm, I love oatmeal. Some say that you can't eat oatmeal every day. They are wrong. Oatmeal is a delicous, textury treat that is a great meal any time of day.
Like any good US citizen I tuned into the Olympics to cheer on our athletes. A few observations I had:
- XC Skiing is very exciting (at least the persuit event).
- No wonder XC skiiers have huge V02 max's...crap, they can CLIMB FAST!
- Not all skiers have small twig-type bodies like cyclsts. Why is that?
- Figure skating is the all-american winter sport (and perfect example of the metrosexualization of the nation).
- Speed skating is for Nascar fans, but cyclists are allowed to watch because it resembels Crit racing.
- Apolo Anton Ohno's gotee has engulfed his entire face. Style is everything!
I just heard on the news that Dick Cheny "accidentially" SHOT one of his fellow hunting buddies while quail hunting. Does Dick Cheney accidentally do anything? $10 bucks says it was a political move designed to scare his opposition.
Ah, America....ah, the olympics....ah, recovery.
Time to study. Enjoy the day, while I enjoy my egg sammy.