Random thoughts today...
1) I'm in the mechanical engineering department at a huge engineering school. Why am I here? What kind of company could I possibly want to work for?
Response: Tommorow I'm headed for the career fair in the Engineering Centers Building. Maybe I'll find some answers (and do my homework assignment of attending the fair...).
2) It takes a lot of time to train seriously for cycling. But I can't see myself doing anything else with my spare time. When I do have spare time, and no homework to do, I'm quite unproductive and very lazy. I wonder how lazy I'd be if I didn't race my bike?
Response: I'll keep riding--a lot--and see where it takes me.
3) My roomate is still either non-exsistant or incognito. On Friday, he stopped by (he lives in Milwaukee, where I can only assume he is right now) and poked his head through the room door. I see his dark black gotee move a bit and the sounds, "Hey, Ryan" come out of it.
And then he was gone. He left before I could even respond to him.
And he's still not back.
Response: .....(I'm still thinking about that one)...
4) Recovery rides work REALLY well. My legs feel super good after a 1 hour spin and 20 minutes of core muscle pumping after class today. With the PT and a sweet Cycleops fluid trainer, it's so easy, it's almost scary.
Response: Maybe I'll even ride the trainer for recovery during the summer...maybe...okay, probably not. But it would be a good idea, if I actually did it.
5) Global warming--is it just me, or is the average high for the entire month of January about 15 degrees above normal?
Response: Actually I'm wrong--the average high this year has been 35 degrees, while the normal average high is 27 degrees. So it's only 8 degrees above average. Sweet.
6) Can weight weeines go too far with saving weight on their bikes?
Response: Hell yes--check out this defunct rim after some weeine got drill-happy
Tempo riding tommorow. Should be fun in the 25 mph winds they are predicting!