9.12.05

Computrainer studio

I just got an email back from Randy at Stadium Bike--The computrainer studio is open all of Stadium's store hours, *PLUS* maybe later at night one or two nights per week for a "team" training session. This would be a great option for those of us, ahem, who don't get off of work until after 6 or 8 pm, but would still like to get a ride in with friends...

So, I'm looking for anyone who would like to join me for some Computrainer sessions this winter break during the week. I was planning on setting up a 1-2 hour session twice a week in the evenings if I get enough interest. Email me at rsbaumann@wisc.edu if you'd like to come! I'd like to get a team session or two going by the week of Dec. 18th. At the first session we can do a power profile test to determine our power zones, and then 4-5 weeks later, we can do another power test to see how much our training has helped us improve! Watts don't lie, and neither will your training.

Randy has set up a pretty cool studio with 4 Computrainers, a big virtual projection screen on one wall to see where and how you're riding, and a specific ventalation system just for the studio. It should look something like this:

The computrainer "virtual reality" screen


Very cool. But the one at Stadium will only have 4 Computrainers, not 8!

Some very cool features about the computrainer are here.

Yesterday I got my base on at the Nat with one hour of freestyle swimming. After warming up, I did a pyramid interval of 100-200-300-400-300-200-100 meter swims. Needless to say, I have a long way to go to work up to swimming a full mile nonstop.

After cramming in some Chem homework, I braved the snowstorm outside and walked a hefty 25min to the SURF for Spin class with Daina. Everyone else on the team was "pretting up" for the cycling team "formal dance" over at Nick "the p-r-o" Reistad's apartment. Given that me and formal clothes don't mix, I didn't join the drunken riot...I mean, formal party...

Today I introduce some more weights into my diet of workouts, and I'll probably also hit up the elliptical trainer for an hour or so. I've got to stay off the indoor trainer as much as possible at this time of year, otherwise I'll never be able to do ride it when the training really counts in January and February.

1 comment:

Ryan Baumann said...

Nah, up there in Minnesota town you guys have the snow. Green Bay is constantly between a rock and a hard place--no snow, just cold.

Come join the action! I think even Kerkove has better conditions in Iowa-land than up in Packer land.