29.12.05

Base Miles, Blasting music, Mud, Salt, and the glory of it all

My lack of updating skills is becoming quite emabarasing as of late--it's time to set things straight!

After heading back home Monday morning from Chicago, the Base regimin began--one three hour jaunt on the road bike out northwest of GB. I threw in some Muscle Tension intervals, 2x15 min, just to shake things up a bit and make the legs feel the burn. Near the end of my ride, I tried to up my cadence to around 110, but after mashing at 50 during the MT intervals, my spinning muscles were toast. I practically coasted back home at a surly 75 rpm's.

Tuesday, thinking that the roads would still be dry and in good condition as they were Monday, I headed out at 10am for another "planned" 3-4 hour jaunt east of GB. Lo and behold, the nature gods were not on my side! The moisture in the air condensed on the road and made it a muddy, salty mess. My beautiful Fuji looked like it had just survived a 2 hr cross race. Ahhh, then I got a flat! Things wern't going so hot, so I turned around and headed home for only a 2.5 hr ride instead of what was planned.

No big deal. Wednesday off, worked all day 10-6. Not much going on, but Jason Koziki stopped in to tune up his new S-Works Epic he got off Ebay. Too expenside to get through JB Cycle, I guess....that's the reality of it, unfotunately, in this biz.

This morning I got my "sweet-spot" training on the trainer, at about 90% of my threshold power. Sweet. After some 1-foot drills and core exercicises, it's off to work.

Gotta go, more to come tonight. Never fear, the updates will never stop comming!

1 comment:

Ryan Baumann said...

Ya know, I use that big ball. The stability ball.

Yoga sounds cool. I wish I could do that stuff. I'm sure it would help my mental training by clearing my mind before a workout.