28.1.07

TT aciton, Cross Worlds, life is good.

Jonathon Page on his way to SILVER at world cross champs today in Belguim

...and that's after a broken collarbone at the beginning of this season. Way to go Johnny, that's one hell of a race, and by far the best American result in history.

Today brought some TT action at the ABD indoor 10km series in Winfield, IL. I went down to join my teammates Josh Carter and Bret Stewart in some Computrainer competitions. ABD does a great job at putting on these events, and there were some 280 registered riders today! That's money in the bank for the team, so thanks for participating.

I was slotted to ride against Reid Mumford and some other powerhouses....and somehow I pulled a good strong ride out of my ass and beat Reid in the 10k at 1pm with a time of 14:34. I was still the 2nd fastest time on the day at the end of competitions, so I guess it was a good ride, but not the best!

I saw some familiar faces down at the TT, including John, Bret, and others. I even made some new friends!

Josh Carter and others on the team are thinking of going down to Kentucky in early February for a small ABR race weekend. Maybe I will participate and kick off the season early? Less than 4 weeks until collegiate racing starts at Ohio State, so I may as well get things started~

2 comments:

Sarah Lukas said...

Hey, Im heading down to Kentucky next month too, let's race- jk.

Definitely excited about Page's finish. And don't tell anybody that I dropped the f-bomb, it would ruin my reputation.

Ryan Baumann said...

Don't worry, I won't tell anyone, I'll just continue posting it on online public websites on a whim.

...Page is quite the rider, what happened to Tristan? I thought he could at least make it without being lapped, that sucks.