2.6.06

Rant: On

It's 1 am and I can't get this off my mind, so here goes--

I like racing blogs--it's the story behind the story. I like seeing things through other people's eyes, getting a perspective on how others view the same situations and people that I see every day in my life. Kind of like "walking in someone else's shoes," but only experiencing the select situations that the bogger decides to write about.

What I find degrading is the lack of respect for other people that many bloggers (myself included) include in their daily rants. Anyone and everyone can read a blog--so whatever you write on it will be judged and critiqued by others. Some people will leave constructive comments expressing their opinion, while others will sipmply judge the written rant at face value and counterattack it verbally or in their own blog entries.

People make mistakes while writing. A blog is a reflection of the views of one particular person or one particular group--and every person's view is unique. Therefore, by writing about it in one's blog, it's impossible to imagine how any reader may interpret what the blogger wrote about his/her own personal view of a situation.

Don't get me wrong--I'm accusing myself as much as everyone else. No one is perfectly humble and honest. But we can strive to be better each day.

I hope that I haven't skewed the first impression of myself already....nor do I want to skew my own opinion about another blogger based on what he/she writes. I promise to have fun and keep it cool if you do too.

Keep it real ;))

1 comment:

Jason Newville said...

Totally with you on this one Ryan. Everyone is guilty of it, but no one seems to remember it's a free flowing process of the writers thoughts. That is what makes Blogs so cool.