30.6.06

Humble

Holy I-want-to-be-fast. That was a ridiculously fast time trial--at least for the top ten riders.

I hurt real bad, but thought I was doing good on the first lap. The hills were rolling and required standing up often, big-ringing it time and time again. Top it off that I had no aero equipment sans clip-on TT bars, and I was in for a world of hurt.

25 min in I dropped my chain, banged my knee on the toptube, and had to reaccelerate up a climb. That hurt bad, on top of the fact that my legs were on fire. Everyone in the top 10 had a Zipp 999 wheelset--there's a one minute advantage right there. Amazingly fast riders here.

In the end, I rolled in with a 31:05 time, Kip was about 10 seconds faster, and Fred about 20 seconds behind. All in all, I should move up 1 or 2 places on GC, so should Kip, and hopefully Fred stays in the top 10.

No comments: